How to Set Up Hotspot on Laptops
Today WI-FI demand is increasing at a very rapid rate . Many times we came across a situation when there is only one network cable and more number of people who want to use that network cable to access the internet then what can be done in such a situation. The best would be to set up a wifi-hotspot and share your laptop internet via wifi among other devices that want to use internet.
But the problem is how to set up a wifi hotspot?
Setting up a Hotspot on Windows:
Here are the step by step procedure to set up a wifi hotspot:
- The first step is to install Connectify app from the internet and install it and restart your laptop
- The next step after restarting your computer will be to check its connectivity to internet. If it is not then connect it and run Connectify Hotspot app.
- Then go to the settings tab under “Create a “, tap on WI-FI hubspot
- Now under Internet to Share, you’ll find a drop-down menu which you would need to expand and select the type of connection you want to share like wired or wireless connection
- Enter a password and tap on Start Hubspot
That is it and you are done.
Setting up a Hotspot on MAC:
Setting a hotspot on MAC is much easier than it is on Windows. Here are the step by step procedure to do it.
- Go to System Preferences -> Sharing -> check Internet Sharing on the left.
- Check on the right side, you’ll find a drop-down menu next to Share your connection from which you would need to expand and choose the connection you want to share
- Go to To computers using and tick the check the box next to Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Wi-Fi Options button below the box. Choose a Network Name, Security Type and enter the password twice in fields named Password and Verify. We strongly recommend you choose a password, instead of leaving the Security option as None. Leave Channel as the default value and then click on OK button.
- Now check if the connection is active or not. The active connection will be revealed by the green icon and text Internet Sharing: On under System Preferences.
That is it. Now you can use the Internet on other devices by just connecting to the network you specified under Network Name.