How to Install Apache Tomcat for JSP and Servlets on Windows
For all my friends who have trouble installing tomcat , here is a simple and quick method to get your tomcat installed and you can then run your servlets and jsp scripts easily.
I am writing this brief tutorial for beginners and people with low IQ in computers , so the tutorial is straight and simple no alternatives or complexities introduced
Follow these Steps :-
2. Now download this to your C:\ ( The one you have installed Windows to)
3. Unzip this and rename it to a shorter name ie. c:\tomcat6
4. Now I assume you already have the JRE installed, if not download it here . If you wish to compile your own servlets ten also download the JDK, otherwise JRE will do just fine
Well, I was getting bored of typing so i created a video tutorial instead, hope you guys don’t mind ,
Few things I forgot to mention in Video ..
1. To shutdown the Tomcat server just double click on shutdown.bat inside the bin folder and it will go down , you can create desktop shortcuts for startup.bat and shutdown.bat if you want to .
2. JAVA_HOME is must, without it tomcat wont run .
I will be adding tutorial on how to deploy a Servlet/JSP in Tomcat soon, preferably on demand !
Any More Queries, Ask in the comments I’ll reply quick