How to Listen/View Audio or Video File While Still Downloading It – Works for Torrents Too
Downloading MP3 or Video files is what most of us do on the internet, but it feels real bad when the audio or video file we downloaded for about an hour turns out to be bad, skippy or something else . Now that would sure make you hit your head hard on the wall, but wait here is a savior , You can use the Following methods to Listen to a Mp3 file while it is still downloading and view a video in a similar fashion. Please note that there are several players that support such incomplete files but the ones i would recommend are VLC and Winamp
- If you are Using Opera, it’s really simple just start the download file as usual and from your Transfers tab, right click on file and Open With and choose VLC or Winamp
- Firefox users have to go a step further, start the download and then right click on the file in downloads tab and click “open containing folder” and then there you will see a additional .part file of the same name as the one you are downloading , Just drag and drop it on VLC or Winamp .
- Directly using VLC ( Just copy the audio , video Download link ) and open up VLC and go to Media->Open Network and paste the link in the address field and press the play button at bottom it will begin playing .
- For torrents , just do this directly go to the folder where your file is being saved and drag and drop the file to VLC ( for a longer and better playback try to go to your torrent client settings and enable the option to download initial parts of the file first or give them preference at least )
- IE and others go same way as Opera .
You can view the mp3 or video file this way and if you dont like the preview , just cancel the download
Hope this solved your Multimedia Downloading woes .
What if the downloading is still on..means it just opens the vlc window and plays nothing….