The New Outlook: Microsoft Revamps Hotmail to New Outlook: Key Features
Microsoft is trying every way to make a comeback into market, be it through its new Windows Phone, the new operating system Windows 8, or the new Office 2013, and this time its the new Outlook.Com. Tech major Microsoft Corp has completely revamped hotmail.com and launched the new web based email service Outlook.com, and currently what we see is much of a minimalist design, more like the new Retro Style Window 8. The current move from Microsoft can be attribute to Microsoft’s losing market share to Google’s Gmail. We can say the the new Outlook is more user friendly and simplified interface, much of like a social networking site, and offers oodles of awesome features.
Microsoft today unveiled the preview of the new Outlook. It also promises to integrate leading social network Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn so that users can manage all things at one place, users will also be able to access facebook chat and even Skype Video Calling will be integrated to the new Outlook (Sounds like a powerful package..:) )
“Eighteen months ago, when we started our work for Windows 8, we realized that with work on Windows Phone and Office 2013, we’d have to rethink our approach to the cloud services to deliver a new, modern email service.
Email remains a very personal experience. What happens in your mailbox are very intimate conversations, we know that it’s important for people to feel like they’re in control of what information is used, their privacy, and how their email is connected with other services.”
— Chris Jones (Corporate Vice President, Windows Business Group)
Features of New Outlook.Com
- Fresh and clean design that you would fall in love with
- Microsoft services – Unified Contacts, Calendar, and SkyDrive
- Social Integration – Facebook / Twitter
- Facebook chat
- Super fast email experience
- View Office documents (Word / Excel/ PowerPoint) inside the Inbox via Office Web Apps with 7 GB of free cloud storage.
- Check mail by categories- it segregates mail containing documents, photos etc, automatically
- Email cleaning tools to efficiently organize emails
- Preview pane – To view inbox and message at the same time
First Look Outlook.Com
So after watching the video and experiencing it myself SMOOTH & CLEAN are the word that comes to mind for the new Outlook
You can get more updates on new features over Microsoft Outlook Blog. So what are you waiting guys here is your chance to grab your username before someone else takes it 🙂 Go and signup for Outlook.com