Tweak your Ubuntu settings without typing in a single command !!
Thanks to ubuntu-tweak the lives of Ubuntu users is now a lot more easier with this utility , Ubuntu Tweak provides a single GUI based program to change various settings/options of your Ubuntu system without typing a single command . it has several great features like ,
Features of Ubuntu Tweak
- View of Basic System Information(Distribution, Kernel, CPU, Memory, etc.)
- GNOME Session Control
- Auto Start Program Control
- Show/Hide and Change Splash screen
- Show/Hide desktop icons or Mounted Volumes
- Show/Hide/Rename Computer, Home, Trash icon or Network icon
- Tweak Metacity Window Manager’s Style and Behavior
- Compiz Fusion settings, Screen Edge Settings, Window Effects Settings, Menu Effect Settins
- GNOME Panel Settings
- Nautilus Settings
- Advanced Power Management Settings
- System Security Settings
- Ubuntu Tweak is currently designed for Ubuntu GNOME desktop only, so you would not be able to use it in Kubuntu ( unless you have GDM installed too).
How to Install Ubuntu Tweak
Download the deb file from http://ubuntu-tweak.com/downloads.
Double click on the deb file to install the package.
Once installed, go to Applications->System Tools -> Ubuntu Tweak to load Ubuntu Tweak
- Some Screenshots ,
this application is a great life saver for many Ubuntu users , so install it and enjoy it .
[…] Tweak your Ubuntu settings without typing in a single command … […]